New! Home Care Packages
Home Care Packages are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health. Their purpose is to provide supports to help people live comfortably in their own home.
To see if you are eligible for a Home Care Package call
My Aged Care 1800 200 422
As a community organisation Kurri Kurri Community Services is here to help you understand these programs and assist you along the way. Under a Home Care Package you get to choose the services you receive and who provides them. If you choose Kurri Kurri Community Services we can help you manage your Home Care Package and deliver many of the services you may want to assist you to remain living at Home within a Consumer Directed Care approach.
You can contact the Community Care team on 4937 4555.
Some of the services we can provide as part of your Home Care Package are:
- Staying connected with your social and community activities
- Transport to and from social activities and other appointments
- Meal preparation and eating
- Personal grooming including showering and dressing
Keeping your home the way you want
- Help around the home
- Cleaning and laundry
- Gardening and home maintenance
- Changes to your home to make it easier and safer for you to live there
Other options you may choose
- General advice about staying at home
- Healthcare support such as arranging and taking you to visit with your GP and allied health professionals, like physiotherapists, speech therapists, occupational therapists, podiatrists and dieticians
- Wound care
- Medication monitoring and prompting
- Providing technological devices, equipment and other items that support your choices and keep you independent.