Kurri Kurri Community Bus Service is a transport service with two modified buses. Kurri Kurri Community Services is responsible for the co-ordination of both buses in this transport service and both are accessible to eligible client groups and community groups.
One bus operates in partnership with two local organisations (Kurri Kurri Workers Club and the Masonic Village) and has been modified for disabled access and wheelchairs. It carries 19 passengers or 14 passengers and 3 wheelchairs.
The other bus has also been modified to be fully accessible and carries 21 passengers or 16 passengers and 3 wheelchairs. A group may use the bus with their own driver or one can be provided for a nominal fee. The KKCC Bus is available to corporate consumers within the constraints of the Partnership Agreement. Specifically the target groups are those corporate consumers who:
- Provide service in the Cessnock LGA
- Are eligible Service Providers
- Are community services that cater to the frail aged and younger people with a disability and their carers
- Are a community service club such as Lions and Probus
- Special Needs groups include:
- Ethnic Services
- Disability Service
- Rurally isolated
- Financially disadvantaged.