Clients are eligible for employment at KCS if they:
- Are 16 years of age or older
- Are in receipt of a Disability Support Pension or are assessed by Centrelink as eligible to be employed by an ADE
- Be an NDIS Participant with funding for employment services included in their package
- Require a level of training and support in order to gain and maintain employment because of a disability
- Are physically capable of working
- Have the ability and willingness to behave in a manner appropriate to KCS’s work environment
- Preferably live in the Cessnock, Maitland, Dungog or Newcastle Local Government Areas.
Where a prospective employee has a greater disadvantage by not being in receipt of other support services, KCS will employ them if all other entrance criteria are met and work is available for them.